Sunday, January 8, 2017

Fresh

I love a fresh page, whether in a notebook or on a blog post.  I'm typing my very first post on this blog, and I am ready.

Here is what I plan to talk about:  Decluttering, junk, cats, dogs, my family, money.  Just pieces of life.  

A little about me:  I'm a mid-40s gal.  I've been married for over 20 years to my high school sweetheart. We don't have any kids, but I do have a nephew in whose life I am very involved.  My husband works in health care and I work in animal rescue.  

How many times before have I said "This is the year I get rid of this junk."  Every year for the past several years I'm sure.  But this year I have a new goal to add on to that, and I hope it helps me have more motivation to dejunk my house.  Our only debt is our mortgage, and we want to pay that off early.  We are paying extra on it each month, but we would like to pay it off even faster.  So I'm hoping to sell a few things that we no longer want and make a little cash to put towards our debt.

I'll also be reporting on spending, because seeing the numbers in print makes it a little bit more real! 

I'll be posting pictures along the way.  My house is junky in the corners and closets and we just have too much stuff.  And I'll be showing what I get rid of along the way and progress pictures.  

And so, here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment